Housing Stability Case Manager
St. Paul, MN
Job Description: To provide intensive case management services to Veterans and their families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Conducts client assessments (including financial, personal, and crisis) to identify issues/barriers and create a housing stability plan (HSP) with the Veteran to address the needs defined by the assessment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform intake that includes: required documentation for admission, referral needs, explanation of program and expectation
- Develop a housing plan with the veteran/household which includes short-term and long-term goals with objectives and update case plan as required
- Provide mobile case management from a harm-reduction, strength-based model
- Provide financial assistance in accordance with program policies and procedures
- Develop a discharge plan with participants addressing permanent housing stability, economic stability, emotional stability and self-determination
- Attend supervisory, case conferencing, and other meetings as directed
- Connecting participants to necessary services by coordinating with other service providers to ensure access, eligibility and follow-through by participant and provider
- Conduct ongoing evaluations of the participant’s progress through the plan, reassessment and adjustments to plan
- Maintain strong working relationships with community agencies to provide comprehensive services for participants and to stay abreast of current trends and resources available.
- Works with other program staff to ensure compliance with grant outcomes
Key Skills and other Characteristics
- Strong communication skills to communicate directly with Veterans and community providers
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work under tight timeline toward crisis resolution for Veterans seeking assistance in crisis situations
- Experience and comfort with entering and managing information within a comprehensive database system
- College degree in relevant field (social work, human services) preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with strict attention to detail.
- Experience working with individuals who are homeless, chemically dependent or have a mental illness desired.
- Good presentation skills to small groups.
- Works well on a team but can function independently.
- Veteran, or knowledge of veteran issues, preferred.
- Knowledge of client tracking systems and database background.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Metro Housing Stability Program Manager
- Salary Range: $43,000 - $46,000 per year
- Flexible office hours and hybrid work environment available.
- Competitive Health, Dental, Vision, etc. plans.
- 403B account employer contributions.
- Health and wellness reimbursement programs available.