Employment Case Manager
MACV is a statewide nonprofit agency with the mission of Ending Veteran Homelessness in Minnesota. In this role, the candidate will support the mission by providing employment services to stabilize Veterans in their income for long term housing stability. This position is responsible for interacting with homeless Veterans seeking employment. Core focus is working with the job developers, outreach, Veteran service agencies, Workforce Centers, and employers in the areas of assessment of skills and interests, employment readiness, job interviews/placement, career advancement opportunities, and job retention.
This position also works in very closely with MACV Housing case managers for those clients who need employment readiness, transferring military skills into civilian skills, employment trainings, and supportive services for reintegration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate career counseling, resume construction, job readiness training, development of interview skills, and other activities related to employment transition for clients.
- Work with housing case managers, businesses, agencies, and organizations to remove employment barriers, and resolve issues related to community integration and the independence of people with disabilities.
- Perform assessments highlighting personality/skill strengths and help clients develop their individual career goals.
- Monitor progress of clients who secure employment positions to ensure stability and success.
- Ensure the delivery of services which are reflective of client empowerment and self-advocacy.
- Work directly with local employers and conduct outreach in an effort to build/maintain community relationships and develop employment leads that can be made available to clients.
- Maintain necessary documentation and data standards for client records. Assists in data input, report, audit, chart audits, Workforce One data entry.
- Conduct employment follow ups with Veterans and employers.
- Continually learn and enhance technical and interpersonal skills.
- Attend staff meetings/assigned training seminars and complete required certifications.
- College degree in social sciences or at least 3 years of working with veterans’ population, homeless service agencies, placement within employment agencies, veteran service agencies, and solid community contacts to recruit/engage veterans. The position requires the ability to provide services to clients without ethnic or social prejudices and a working knowledge of employment.
- This position requires demonstrated ability to communicate and comprehend oral and written instructions and to provide services to clients with barriers to employment and housing.
- Experience in job development and placement preferred.
- Specific knowledge and experience with military culture and housing first approach is preferable.
- Must be able to utilize a range of interventions to work with clients with varying needs and levels of functioning.
- Must have the flexibility and have the willingness to function as a team member. Above average computer skills required.
- Metro Employment Program Manager
- Salary Range: $43,000 - $46,000 per year
- Hybrid office hours
- Competitive Health, Dental, Vision, etc. plans.
- 403B account employer contributions.
- Technology, Health and wellness reimbursement programs available.